Custom pet portraits, hand made cake toppers

Sunday, December 23, 2012

DIY: Creative Christmas cupcakes!

T

 oday I made some cupcakes for the Christmas Eve dinner with my family and kin.
It has become a tradition that every year I create new desserts to amaze them, this year I tried to make some cupcakes, it's the first time for me and I'd like to show you the final result and the recipe I used.
I made vanilla cupcakes, here are the decorations I created:

   
Merry Christmas!!!

WHAT I USED:

For 12 vanilla cupcakes
- 4,5 oz. Butter
- 4,5 oz. Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 4,5 oz. Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 spoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla

For frosting:
- 2,7 oz. Butter
- 2 spoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 oz. powdered sugar

For decorations:
- White fondant
- Food dyes
- Red glitter for food
- Candied cherries

Step1: Cupcakes
First of all heat the oven to 374 F(190 ° C)
In a bowl combine the butter and the sugar, whisk until well blended









 Whisk the eggs



Add slowly the aggs to the butter together with a spoon of flour and whisk


Add the milk and all the flour and whisk until completely incorporated into the butter mixture


Now you can pour the batter in the baking cups


Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.

Here is my first cupcake ready to be decorated!


Step2: Frosting

In a bowl whisk the butter with the milk and add the powder sugar. Whisk to combine.
Cover the cupcakes with the frosting:


You can add food dyes to color the frosting, I left it white because I want some snow for Christmas!

Step3: Decorations!

I made polar bears with white fondant, here are the elements for the bodies:


Then I made penguins:


I hope my guests will like the cupcakes!


Polar bear Christmas cupcake






Polar bear cupcake with stars and cherries


Penguin Christmas cupcake


A more simple cupcake with a star decorated with red glitters:


Star cupcake with cherries
A total white cupcake covered with fondant with a simple white rose

White rose cupcake

Happy Holidays to everyone!!


3 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look fabulous! I will have to check out your Etsy shop too. =0)
    New follower here, getting back to you from the Meet & Greet Blog Hop (thanks for joining and linking up!).
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!Thank you so much! I love your works!:))
    There is a prize for you on my blog!http://fioridiflowerland.blogspot.it/2012/12/liebster-awards-thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much to all!!! I hope you enjoyed your holidays!!:)
    Sara, thanks for the prize! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts - I would love to hear from you!:D