Custom pet portraits, hand made cake toppers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tutorial: crepe paper Dahlia

A fter a tutorial about paper daisies here:
Paper crepe Daisy Tutorial
now is up to Dahlia!

Crepe paper Dahlia
Dahlia is related to an omen of an happy event, gratitude and thankfulness.

Materials:


 - Yellow, orange and green crepe papers
- Glue
- Scissors
- Wire
-Cotton wool

1- Make a ring with the wire in this way:


2- Cover it with cotton wool and fix it with a piece of wire




3- Cover the cotton wall with yellow crepe paper


4- Cut a square 3,5" from orange crepe paper and fold it in half


5- Cut a shape as it is shown in the image below


6 - Opening it you will get this flower shape:





 7- You have to cut 10 shapes like this, do not worry about being precise, the final result will be great in every way!



8- When you have all the 10 pieces make a hole in the centre:



9- Insert into the hole the wire with the yellow ball

 10 - Rub the petals




11- Roll all around the wire a green stripe of paper to create the stem as I have alredy shown for the daisy here: Daisy Tutorial


And here is the Dahlia, do you like it?

It can be realized also in yellow with the centre orange or red with the centre yellow.

3 comments:

  1. Bello!
    Molto chiara la spiegazione

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog it's just beautiful I'm a new follower now! Your pet portraits are GORGEOUS!! Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely tutorial! Have a wonderful weekend! God bless, Jennifer ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!! I'm so happy that you like my pets portraits...I LOVE animals!! It's such a joy for me to paint them!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts - I would love to hear from you!:D