Custom pet portraits, hand made cake toppers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tutorial: crepe paper daisies

I found some crepe paper, and this colorful and verstile stuff inspired me!
I thought I'd use it to make flowers, I already feel like spring with these beautiful sunny days we have in this January, here in Italy.

I started from a very simple flower to realize: daisy


Crepe paper daisies

Daisy is symbol of innocence, simplicity, freshness, purity and sensibility.

 Materials:

- Glue
- Scissors
- Wire
- Yellow, white, green crepe papers




From yellow crepe paper cut a stripe 8" long and 0,8" high and cut many fringes




Make a loop in the wire


Stick the fringe around the wire with the glue





From white crepe paper cut a stripe 12" long and 1,5" high and cut some fringes



Stick the white stripe around the yellow one


From green crepe paper cut a stripe and use it to wrap around the cup and the stem of the flower


Bend the petals downward



Cut a retangle from green crepe paper to do the leave





And cut it as shown in the image below:





And here is the finished daisy...




I made also a daisy with orange paper inside and  bigger petals







  
See you tomorrow with a project to realize a dahlia!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on any of my posts - I would love to hear from you!:D